As a member of our software/applications team, you will develop advanced photonic libraries for next-generation programmable integrated photonics. The job involves the application and development of software routines to automate the configuration process of optical processors. Bridging the gap between photonic-based applications (communications, computing, sensing, …) and system configuration, your role is essential to fuel the next-generation programmable photonic systems.
Key responsibilities are:
- Understanding and extraction of specifications from state-of-the-art applications.
- Problem-solving and creative thinking applied to the generation of automation routines.
- Development and maintenance of software routines for the control and characterization of complex photonic systems.
- Support to client engagement.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-year experience in photonic integrated circuits and optical systems
- Experience with code maintenance and development.
- Demonstrated expertise with Python.
- Reliable, pro-active and self-motivated. Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Extraction of specifications from applications and active client support.
- Programming of creative and automated routines for the configuration of programmable systems.
Preferred Competency Requirements:
- Experience with GitHub or similar.
- Experience with photonic circuit design.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Test Driven Development and unit testing. BDD would be a nice plus.
- Knowledge of SOLID principles and software design patterns
If you are interested, please forward your CV and presentation letter by email at email@example.com