Software Development Manager
iPRONICS Programmable Photonics is making the computational power of photonics commercially affordable. Founded as a spinoff of Universitat Politècnica de València, iPRONICS has pioneered the field of programmable photonics and developed the first general-purpose photonic processor capable of programming high-speed light signals on-chip with unprecedented flexibility. Our solution enables the same hardware to be applied to limitless commercial applications with a voracious appetite for computational power, including 5G communication, data centers, artificial intelligence, computing and IoT.
If you are passionate about innovation, facing deep-tech challenges and contributing to the information processing of tomorrow … Join our team and help us invent the future of photonics!
About the job position:
As a Software Developer Manager, you will work on the coordination and execution of the front-end and back-end of our software products and features, in collaboration with our research team and back-end developers. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving client-facing software of next-generation programmable photonic processors.
Lead the development and lifetime maintenance of innovative software products, as required to enhance our disruptive programmable photonic chips. You will be also responsible for managing the continuous improvement process within the software product’s lifecycle with creativity and good user design skills.
Being expected to directly manage part of our team, you will carry out staff appraisals, skill sets reviews and general personnel management.
Finally, the position requires:
- Ability to take a technical leadership role.
- To be comfortable working in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to evangelize proper software development practises through the team.
- Full stack abilities.
- Understanding of the full lifecycle of software development: version control, code review, testing, continuous integration, documentation, debugging, etc.
You will provide marketing and sales support activities necessary to ensure success of the products and services offered by the software team and the company as a whole. This will include the promotion and demonstration of the Company’s products and services at exhibitions or to customers where appropriate. This may also include running in-house and outside training courses.
You will undertake travel on Company business when required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years’ experience as a Software Developer.
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position.
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Proficient with Python.
- Knowledge of back-end/server-side technologies, such as Docker.
- Knowledge of the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques.
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum.
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Comfortable with Git and GitHub.
- Comfortable working in multiple languages.
- Hands-on experience building large, fault-tolerant systems at scale.
- A basic understanding of machine learning and AI.
If you are interested, please forward your CV and presentation letter by email at joinus @ ipronics.com